Random Rachel Rants

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Flying Footwear


Around the corner from my house, a pair of shoes hangs idly from the telephone wires. I pass these shoes every few days and often pause to wonder how exactly they got stuck up there (apparently abandoned shoes seem to puzzle me a lot.. see June post "Troubled Sole"). This particular pair of dangling shoes reminds me of the movie Big Fish, though I don't expect to find a community of people running around barefoot here. After several months of passing by these shoes, I finally decided to take a picture, and as such, here it is.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/07/2005 7:10 p.m., Blogger Joe said…

    I've heard that people used to put shoes over the powerlines to mark crack houses in neighborhoods. Easier to remember than house numbers I suppose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home