Random Rachel Rants

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Baby steps

I had my wisdom teeth out last week. After the surgery, once I was conscious enough to eat, my mother made me butterscotch pudding and I attempted to feed myself. I quickly discovered that this was not going to be an easy feat, as in addition to after effects of the general anesthetic, my lower face was entirely frozen and I could not seem to locate my mouth. My mother offered to help but like any stubborn baby, I insisted that I was able to use a spoon "just fine, thank you very much" and instead entertained her as I repeatedly missed my mouth, causing the pudding to land on my chin, my shirt and my lap. Much to my satisfaction, I eventually got the hang of it and ate some pudding. Certainly, I now have a much greater appreciation for babies and the hard work they endure when learning to eat independently!
(And just so you don't ask, there is no footage available of said pudding episode;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home