Random Rachel Rants

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

OCD Fails Me

Being the mildly obsessive compulsive person that I am, I tend to check and recheck that I have set my alarm clock correctly (both the time and "flicking the switch") before shutting my light and going to sleep. Most of the time this results in me waking up at the desired time in the morning. I have occasionally run into the "AM/PM problem" (so THAT's what the little dot is for), and I have had occasional power outage issues. This morning when my alarm went off, I did my usual snooze-for-10 minutes. After 10 minutes, I decided that since I was still feeling exhausted, I was deserving of another 10 minute snooze. This repeated 4 times. When I finally did decide to get up, I noticed it was quite dark outside... and after consulting with both my watch and the kitchen stove clock.. I realized that in addition to setting the alarm the previous night, I had ALSO managed to change the time on my clock by one hour . So it turns out that while my "apparent OCD" can help ensure that I bother to set my alarm, it can't cure my stupidity.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2006 12:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once upon a time, I woke up, showered, blow dried my hair and got dressed. I was all ready to leave for work when I realized that it was actually 1:30 in the morning. Yup, I had worken up in the middle of the night and thought it was the morning. Amusing now, but certainly not amusing then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home