Random Rachel Rants

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Dirty Girl

On a post-call day recently, I decided that I needed to run some errands despite the rainy weather. I biked around to a few different places, checking off the tasks on my to-do list. At my last destination, I noticed that I had mud splashed on my coat and I commented on it to 2 different adults who were assisting me. When I got home some time later I happened to glance in the mirror and was surprised to discover that I had mud splashed on my neck and face. I am positively bewildered as to why no one felt a need to mention to me that I had mud on my face, ESPECIALLY since I had drawn attention to the mud on my jacket (and clearly had no clue that there was mud anywhere else!). I think it is simply common courtesy to alert people to such matters. That being said, I do find the whole thing rather humorous.

1 Comments:

  • At 12/02/2007 9:01 a.m., Blogger The Parkers said…

    Actually, I believe the common response is to mock the person behind their back in the hopes that the news will reach them in a roundabout way that cannot be traced. That way, everyone wins - some get to laugh at your misfortune, and you get to find out how unfortunate you are far too late to do anything constructive about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home