Random Rachel Rants

Monday, November 26, 2007

Ode to Robert Munsch


One of my favourite childhood books is "Jonathan Cleaned Up and Then He Heard A Sound", by Robert Munsch. The basic premise is that without reason, the subway stops at Jonathan's home every day, the wall opens up, and a huge mess is left behind. Jonathan is told by the subway driver to talk to city hall, and when he meets the mayor, he's told "if the computer says its a subway station, its a subway station and you shouldn't build your home in the subway station". (To hear Robert Munsch read the story and find out the ending.. click here).


Anyhow, just over a year ago my parents moved and received a new phone number. While they haven't had a subway stop in their home, they certainly get a lot of wrong number phone calls. Infrequently the calls are for a nearby shopping mall, and frequently they are for a government health office. After google-ing my parent's phone number I was quite surprised to find dozens of sites (both the original and other sites linking to the original) that indeed listed the health office as having MY PARENT'S phone number. I emailed the sitemaster, informed him that the number posted belonged to my parents and could he PLEASE fix it! I couldn't help but feel just a little bit like Jonathan and wondered why city hall had put the health office inside my parent's house!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home