Random Rachel Rants

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sticky Situation

Added to the list of things I shouldn't be allowed to use, alongside sharp knives, is Crazy Glue. I don't think I have ever successfully glued the desired broken item back together without causing my fingers to stick to each other in the process. This morning I set out to fix my shoe. I read the instructions, very carefully tried to puncture the foil cover and the next thing I knew, the glue had shot out and was all over both hands, my carpet, and of course, the shoe I wished to fix. Instinctively I spread my fingers wide to prevent them from sticking to each other and so was only left with very uncomfortable feeling skin rather than attached digits. Although the labeling on the glue does warn "instantly bonds skin" - I've come to the conclusion that indeed, that is ALL that the glue does. Rather than a warning it should be the purpose of use, it's certainly bound to be more successful (and I've heard people use it for sealing wounds anyway.. so maybe I'm not so far off).

1 Comments:

  • At 7/19/2006 3:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Indeed, I just watched an ER where nurse Carol Hathaway while a hostage in a hold-up gone bad fixes one of the robbers faces with superglue. He is eventually gunned down by police. O to have nothing to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home