Random Rachel Rants

Monday, February 19, 2007

Adventures in Groceryland

As happens every now and again, the cashier seemed to have great difficulty ringing in my purchases tonight. After attempting to void an incorrectly entered purchase and needing to ask for supervisor assistance not once but twice, the cashier looked very frustrated. As she swiped my credit card I realized she hadn't rescanned the last item she had removed from the bill. I mentioned this to her to which she replied without hesitation, "yeah, I know.. but let's just keep that between me, you and the cheese".

Sweet. Free cheese is definitely worth the wait.

4 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2007 12:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, the cheese is free, but it also knows your secret. Watch your back. Who knows when the cheese will rat you out to an aproned supermarket supervisor. As my father was fond of saying, "you can't trust anything that is made out of discarded dairy products and mold."

     
  • At 2/20/2007 12:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, the cheese is free, but it also knows your secret. Watch your back. Who knows when the cheese will rat you out to an aproned supermarket supervisor. As my father was fond of saying, "you can't trust anything that is made out of discarded dairy products and mold."

     
  • At 2/25/2007 8:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am wondering what kind of cheese it was... No real reason and not that it will make a difference- but I'm a huge fan of cheese! Was it the pizza kind or the enjoy on a cracker type?

     
  • At 2/25/2007 12:37 p.m., Blogger Rachel said…

    It was actually cottage cheese.. which I would not put on either pizza or crackers.. but goes deliciously in lasagna when blended with ricotta or soft tofu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home